Welcome to Appy Astros, a blog dedicated to following current & former Greeneville Astros, the Appalachian League affiliate of the Houston Astros. Here you will find reports on current G-Stros, updates on the development of former G-Stros and occasionally an update on what has happened to the guys who have hung up their spikes.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Patton On The DL and other transactions

I normally don't do much posting about transactions because they are too numerous for me to keep up with but there have been several over the last few days that are worth noting.

In A Garage....Really?
Troy Patton (2004) was placed on the DL by Baltimore after spraining his ankle walking in the garage of the hotel where he stays.

"I was walking in the garage where I stay and caught it on the edge of the curb, at angle, and just turned it quick," he said. "I didn't think it was very bad until I woke up the next day, and it was very, very swollen. I thought it was just a little tweak, no problem."..."It's just a sprain. I'll be back in 14 days, since it's retroactive. I'll be back as soon as I'm allowed to be back, and I'll be ready to go."
Former G'Stros Released
Two former 2nd round picks by the Astros have been released recently.  Earlier this week, Ralphie Henriquez (2005, 2006) was released by the Mariners.  He made it as high as AAA.

Yesterday Jay Austin (2008) was released by the Astros. He never made it higher than Hi A ball.

Trio Promoted
Three 2012 G-Stros have been promoted to Tri Cities.  Pitchers Euris Quezada and Scott Zuloaga were moved up along with Jean Batsita. Batista leaves Greeneville with 19 doubles meaning the doubles record of 20 by Jose Altuve &  Ronald Ramirez will be safe for another year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment